revolutionary outdoor cooking
cook anything, anywhere, anytime!
how it all began...
In December 2001, Time Magazine featured the Cobb as one of the best inventions of that year. This was a major turning point for what had started out as an obvious idea to an environmentalist in Africa several years earlier.
The developer’s idea was to encourage native Africans to use corncobs as fuel for cooking, rather than wood or coal. He devised a simple clay pot stove with a steel mesh grill that Africans could easily make and fuel with their abundant supply of corncobs.
The idea took hold and resulted in the development of the Eco Cobb, an inexpensive, all metal stove that could be distributed in aid programmes in third world countries globally.
Cobb’s commitment to a continual improvement program has resulted in the worldly acclaimed product we see today which is available with several accessories.
The award winning Cobb™ system can roast, bake, smoke, fry and grill. Cobb cooking is fuss-free. Perfect for home and away, the Cobb is easy to clean, light-weight, simple to use and maintain. You can even move the Cobb while cooking to wherever the social gathering may be – outdoors, on the beach or even on a boat.
Endorsed by the South African Heart Foundation, the Cobb's unique patented design allows excess fat and oil to drain away into the moat / inner sleeve for healthier cooking.
The Cobb is virtually smokeless, since the fat and oil drain away and not onto the fire. The base always remains cool-to-touch on the outside whilst cooking hot on the inside.
The Cobb is made of only the highest quality durable materials and because the Cobb has no moving parts, nothing can go wrong.
This highly portable Cobb Premier and Pro weigh only 4kg (8.5 lbs.), zipped into the carry bag it’s 325mm wide and 270mm high.
the elements that make up Cobb...
- Dome: made with stainless steel and it has a heat-resistant handle. The holes in the Dome ensure even ventilation throughout the cooking process creating an oven effect.
- Grill Grid: with an easy to clean Teflon® non-stick coating. Excess fat drains away through the holes and into the moat.
- Fire Basket: A secured area for the Cobble Stone or loose briquettes.
- Stainless steel moat: catches all excess fat. The moat can also be used for cooking vegetables.
- Base: with anti-slip rubber feet, the base remains stable and cool to touch during use.
The Cobb is packaged complete with instruction manual. All the components with the exception of the base are dishwasher safe.
- Time International voted Cobb one of the best inventions worldwide in 2001
- Double Vesta Design Award Winner
- Spoga + Gafa Innovation Design Award Winner
- disa - Design Innovation South Africa
- Heath, Patio & Barbeque Association
- The Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa
- Heart Foundation South Africa
As far as we can determine, the Cobb has the smallest carbon footprint of any manufactured oven on Earth. Order yours online today! WIN A COBB BBQ HERE!!
01296 681 095