how safe is your boat?
a false sense of security
Boats are often seen as easy targets for theft, and break-ins can happen during off peak times when the canals are quiet, or at high season when they are at their busiest.
Boats are often moored in remote locations where thieves have the opportunity to see a long way into the distance, ensuring they are not disturbed.
But they can be just as vulnerable in marinas, especially if left for long periods. Marina staff are more likely to check ropes than to look for signs of forced entry
keep it safe
- choose a marina or long term mooring that has some liveaboards, so there are generally people present who know you and your boat
- check on marina or long term mooring security – how easy would it be for strangers to get to your boat?
- on the cut, moor near other boats and not too close to a bridge (easy access for thieves travelling by car)
- secure your boat when you leave it, but try not to make it obvious that there is no-one aboard
- think about canopy security - a zip is no deterrent to a thief who then has a good hideaway while breaking in
a variety of deterrents
Ultra Secure have a range of Alarms & Security devices designed to help protect & secure your precious Caravans & Boats including:
- Popular UltraPIR Battery Powered GSM Alarms (calls key-holders by Telephone & Text Message)
- Battery Siren Alarms (siren acts as the control panel and is armed and disarmed using remote control)
- Plug in Full Siren Alarms (if you have an electric hook up or shore power)
- Plug in Full GSM Alarms (if you an electric hook up or shore power)
- Traditional Chains & Locks or modern Alarm Locks (come with their own built in Siren).
- Covert CCTV (records short video clips).
All of our Alarms are designed with Easy & Quick DIY Installation in mind, no need to pay an expensive installation company, no on going rental agreements.
Our current best selling Alarm is the GSM UltraPIR. These can be powered by battery (part number 007-0360) or mains powered (part number 007-0700) and will contact you by Telephone if triggered. They can be also be used with additional Wireless Sensors & Sirens.
alternative security products
We have some alternative Security Devices which can be used on their own or in conjunction with an Alarm to help protect your Boat. These include Water Alarms (to hopefully provide early warning of a possible Flood).