The Huddersfield Broad Canal, also known as the Sir John Ramsden Canal, runs for nearly 4 miles and has 9 locks. It is part of the South Pennine RIng, linking with the Calder & Hebble Canal at Cooper Bridge and the Huddersfield Narrow Canal at Aspley Basin. The Huddersfield Broad will take boats up to 14'2" wide but there is a length restriction of 57'6" (although it is possible to get a 60ft boat in the lock on the diagonal).
Bradley PO. Bradley Rd. HD2 1XE.
Spar Huddersfield. Spring Bradley. Leeds Rd. HD5 0RP. 01484 447950 (Open 24Hrs)
Hillhouse Lane Bridge
- Turnbridge Canal Bridge. Turnbridge Rd. HD1 6RA. (Historic Landmark)
- The Lord Wilson. 27 Kingsgate SC. King St. HD1 2PZ. 01484 411020 (Wetherspoon)
- The Parish. 28 Kirkgate. HD1 1QQ. 01484 522800 (Live Music)
- Revolution Huddersfield. 28 Cross Church St. HD1 2PT. 01484 546243 (Food/Happy Hours)
- The Slug & Lettuce. 40-44 King St. HD1 2QT. 01484 545186 (Cocktails/Food/Wines...)
- Warehouse. 12 Zetland St. HD1 2RA. 01484 511698 (American Style/Burgers/TV Sport)