terms & conditions
The term ‘CanalsOnline’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
PLEASE NOTE: editorial content does not necessarily represent the views of the Editor or anyone associated with CanalsOnline Magazine.
Terms and Conditions of advertising.
1. CanalsOnline accepts publication of advertisements according to the terms and conditions set out below.
2. These Terms apply to:
(a) Advertisements placed with CanalsOnline and its website.
(b) All online advertisements on www.canalsonline.uk
3. By placing an order, the Advertiser (who is the person placing the order for the Advertisement whether they are the advertiser of the product or service referred to in the Advertisement or the advertising agency or media buyer for such advertiser) accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms in full.
4. Materials for an Advertisement may only be submitted after payment in accordance with the current rate card.
5. CanalsOnline may, without any responsibility to the Advertiser, reject, cancel or require any Advertisement to be amended that it considers unsuitable or contrary to these Terms and remove, suspend or change the position of any such Advertisement.
6. The publication of an Advertisement by CanalsOnline does not mean that CanalsOnline accepts the Advertisement has been provided in accordance with these Terms or that CanalsOnline has waived its rights under these Terms.
7. The Advertiser guarantees to CanalsOnline that:
(a) any information supplied in connection with the Advertisement is accurate, complete, true and not misleading;
(b) it has obtained the consent of any living person whose name or image (in whole or in part) is contained in any Advertisement;
(c) the Advertisements are legal, decent, honest and truthful, are not contrary to the provisions of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice (including the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (the "CAP Code") and all other codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority and/or the Office of Fair Trading), are not libellous or obscene and do not infringe the rights of any person (including any person's intellectual property rights);
(d) Will not contain anything which CanalsOnline in good faith considers to be offensive or otherwise inappropriate;
(e) all Advertisements submitted for publication online will be free of any viruses, adware, malware, bit torrents, and no Advertisement will cause an adverse effect on the operation of the Website.
8. Where the Advertiser is an advertising agency or media buyer, the Advertiser guarantees that it is authorised by the advertiser of a product or service to place the Advertisement with CanalsOnline and the Advertiser will compensate CanalsOnline for any claim made by such advertiser against CanalsOnline.
9. All Advertisements are accepted on the basis that they will be paid for at the applicable rates set out in the applicable rate card on the date of order. CanalsOnline may change its rates at any time by publishing the modified rates at www.canalsonline.ukadvertising-rates. Any changes to the rates will take effect immediately. However, any changes to the applicable rates will not apply to any orders made prior to the date of such change.
10. All sums payable to CanalsOnline should be made in accordance with CanalsOnline Financial Terms & Conditions which are: Unless a customer has applied for and been accepted as a credit account customer, CanalsOnline will provide services only on a pre-payment basis, with receipt of cleared funds prior to the booking being confirmed. Customers wishing to apply for a credit account must complete a Credit Application Form which is available on request from your sales contact. Until credit facilities are granted customers will remain on prepayment terms. CanalsOnline's standard payment terms are payment with order.
11. The Advertiser guarantees to CanalsOnline that any landing page and/or destination site linked to from the Advertisements ("Advertiser's Site") will
(i) be legal, decent, honest and truthful,
(ii) not be contrary to the provisions of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice (including the CAP Code),
(iii) not be libellous or obscene,
(iv) not infringe the rights of any person (including any person's intellectual property rights);
(v) not be prejudicial to the image or reputation of CanalsOnline or its Websites
(vi) be free from viruses, adware, malware, and/or bit torrents,
(vii) not cause an adverse effect on the operation of the Website, and
12. All display advertisements will be placed in alphabetical order by company name.
(i) Leader Board display ads are placed at the top of your chosen category in alphabetical order and;
(ii) Campaign 2 display ads are placed beneath the Leader Boards, in alphabetical order and;
(iii) Campaign 3 display ads are placed beneath the Campaign 2 ads, in alphabetical order and;
(iv) Lineage Link ads with a link to your website placed under small display ads, two to a line alphabetically and;
(v) Free listing ads appear beneath lineage link ads, two to a line alphabetically
Liability of CanalsOnline
13. CanalsOnline shall use its reasonable endeavours to reproduce Advertisements as provided by the Advertiser but cannot guarantee that the Advertisement will be of the same quality.
14. CanalsOnline cannot guarantee the time, dates and/or position of Advertisements and all such decisions will be at the sole discretion of CanalsOnline. However, CanalsOnline will use reasonable efforts to comply with the wishes of the Advertiser.
15. If the Advertisement as reproduced by CanalsOnline contains a substantial error solely due to a mistake on CanalsOnline's part, CanalsOnline shall, on request, re-publish the Advertisement at no additional cost to the Advertiser. CanalsOnline shall not be responsible for repetition of errors and it is the Advertiser's responsibility to inform CanalsOnline of any errors and provide any necessary assistance to CanalsOnline to prevent a repeat of the error.
16. CanalsOnline shall not be responsible, under any circumstances, for any loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss of anticipated saving, loss of revenue and/or any other loss which happens as a side effect of the main loss suffered by the Advertiser or any loss which could not be contemplated by CanalsOnline and the Advertiser, and CanalsOnline's maximum total liability for any loss or damage arising out of or in relation to any Advertisement whether in contract, tort or otherwise shall not exceed the total amount of the charges for the relevant Advertisement actually paid by or on behalf of the Advertiser.
17. In respect of Advertisements on the Website, CanalsOnline does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access by users of the Websites but will use reasonable efforts to provide this.
18. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms will limit or exclude CanalsOnline's responsibility for death or personal injury resulting from its own negligence, fraud or any other liability that cannot be excluded.
19. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the statutory rights of an Advertiser who is a consumer.
Liability of the Advertiser
20. The Advertiser will fully reimburse CanalsOnline for all claims, losses or expenses arising as a result of any breach or failure to perform of any of these Terms and/or the use or publication of the Advertisement by CanalsOnline in accordance with these Terms.
21. CanalsOnline owns the copyright in all Advertisements written or designed by it or on its behalf.
22. The Advertiser grants CanalsOnline the right (free of charge) to:
(i) use such of the Advertiser's names, trade marks and/or logos as CanalsOnline may consider necessary for the purposes of publishing the Advertisements;
(ii) reproduce the Advertisement in any media at any time from the date the Advertisement was last published on the website for promotional purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, the content, layout and format of any Website or Newspaper will be subject to variation at CanalsOnline's sole discretion.
23. The Advertiser may cancel an Advertisement provided that notice in writing is received by CanalsOnline within the relevant cancellation period. In respect of Advertisements on the Website, the minimum notice period for cancellation by the Advertiser is 30 days unless agreed otherwise. Please send notice of your intention to cancel to the person who made your booking. Cancellation will only be effective on confirmation of receipt of your notice.
24. If the Advertiser is insolvent or bankrupt or is otherwise in breach of these Terms, CanalsOnline may treat the order as cancelled.
This is the Facebook Group for CanalsOnline Magazine. Facebook Terms & Conditions apply.
25. You may not use this platform to say or share anything that is unlawful or damaging to the rights of others.
26. You may not use language considered to be foul, derogatory or discriminatory against others.
27. We reserve the right to remove any content that is in breach of the above prohibitions. Continual breach of conditions will result in our termination of your membership.
28. To help support this site, we ask that you report content or conduct that you believe is harmful or that violates your own rights or the rights of others.
29. A person who is not a party to these Terms has no rights to rely upon or enforce any of these Terms.
30. If CanalsOnline fails or delays in exercising its rights or remedies provided by these Terms, it shall not be deemed to have waived that or any other right or remedy under these Terms.
31. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to constitute a relationship of principal and agent, a partnership, joint-venture, or co-ownership. Neither party shall have the authority to act for, bind or otherwise create or assume any obligation on behalf of the other, and neither party shall hold itself out as having authority to do the same.
32. These Terms and the documents referred to herein replace all previous agreements between the Advertiser and CanalsOnline, and are the entire agreement between the Advertiser and CanalsOnline in respect of the Advertisements. To the maximum extent permitted by law, other than as set out in these Terms, all warranties and representations, whether express or implied, are excluded.
33. Subject to clause 18, these Terms (and any non-contractual obligations arising in connection with them) shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to these Terms (and any non-contractual obligations arising in connection with them).
Terms last updated: 10th April 2019