the importance of having the right cover for
Having the right insurance for your boat is so important as it will cover you for the unfortunate situations that could turn a great day out in the water, into a bad one. Buying a boat is a big investment, so you must protect it against damage or theft. Insurance for your boat is just as important as car insurance and regardless of how experienced you are, you should make sure you protect yourself against inexperienced or careless boaters. You do not want to be left with an inoperable boat and huge repair bills.
Having a good quality boat insurance policy will help put your mind at ease, which means you can concentrate on having fun on the water. If there is a storm or your boat is damaged by vandals, without the correct insurance to cover the damages, you will have to pay for the repairs yourself. Before you take ownership of your boat, you’ll need a good insurance policy in place.
Assist Insurance Services Ltd are a specialist marine insurance provider, offering bespoke and flexible policy options to suit your individual needs.
You have 3 choices of cover with Assist Insurance Services Ltd which are:
- Comprehensive craft & liability coverCraft only cover,
- Craft only coverThird party liability cover only
- Third party liability cover only
Comprehensive cover includes as standard with Assist Insurance:
- £3million third party liability cover
- Accidental and malicious damage
- Cover for craft in transit up to 30 feet long
- Marina benefits (for permanent mooring only) – registered marinas only
- No doubled excess for under water damage claims
- Extensive range of cruising areas
- Up to 5 years No Claims Discount
- Theft or attempted theft
- Personal accident cover included up to £20,000
- Salvage, towage and assistance charges
- Siting costs in the event of stranding
- Club discounts
If you live on your craft you get all the standard cover plus:
- Professional removal of Live-aboard Business equipment
- Business equipment
- Replacement locks and keys
- Alternative accommodation
- Cover for property away from your craft
- Mobile phone cover (single item limit)Cover for portable electronic equipment/laptops
- Cover for portable electronic equipment/laptops
- Personal accident coverOccupiers Liability
- Occupiers Liability
- Valuables covered as standard up to 10% of the total sum insured
Although having boat insurance is not an actual legal requirement, if you are going to invest thousands of pounds in a boat, it makes sense to protect it.
Assist Insurance Services Limited is one of the leading providers of marine and pleasure craft insurance products. We offer competitive premiums and great value for money. We’re a family-run business, dedicated to excellent customer service providing you with the very best customer experience. We have been awarded the Feefo Gold Trusted Service award for three years - a true reflection of our commitment to outstanding customer service.
Call: 01604 946 779 Visit: Website Link
Share this article:: Facebook | Twitter | Google